Press release : Focus on the sponsorship project from Members of the European Parliament
02 March 2021
February 26th 2021
3 projects to celebrate the 21st of March 2021
Focus on the sponsorship project from Members of the European Parliament:
an invitation to meet persons with Down’s Syndrome
The World Down Syndrome Day will take place in three weeks: Sunday 21st March 2021. To celebrate
this emblematic date for persons with Down’s syndrome, EUfortrisomy21 proposes three projects:
- 1 project to reflect : an online-conference will be organized within the days leading to the
21st on March;
- 1 festive project to celebrate together (it will be communicated by the middle of March)
- 1 unprecedented project to challenge politic leaders and to make them act.
This third project is adressed to european politic leaders, in particular Members of the European
Parliament (MEPs) : EUfortrisomy21 ask them to meet one person with Down’s Syndrome (or
his/her parent) from their country, and to celebrate together World Down Syndrome Day.
A group of committed MEPs have already shown their interest for this initiative and their intention
to raise awareness among their colleagues in the European Parliament: Ms. Estrella Durá (S&D), Ms.
Katrin Langensiepen (Greens), Ms. Radka Maxova (Renew), Mr. François-Xavier Bellamy (EPP), Mr.
Patrick Jaki (ECR).
To participate in the project:
Our online platform is on the website www.eufortrisomy21.eu
- You are a person with Down-Syndrome (or a parent) ?
- Register to send a request for a sponsorship to the MEP of your choice
- You are an MEP ?
- Register to notify your availability for a sponsorship
EUfortrisomy21 is a community of parents of children with Down syndrome,
united to advance the rights of people with Down syndrome in 4 priority areas:
visibility, non-discrimination, health, autonomy.
Contact : email@example.com
Click here to download the press release