What is sponsorship?
Sponsoring a person with Down syndrome or the parent of a child with Down syndrome materializes differently depending on the meaning you give to this sponsorship:
- You connect with someone awaiting sponsorship via the platform and you tell them that you are sponsoring them for the next World Down syndrome day
For information: the communication on sponsoring MEPs is scheduled from January 2021. You will be informed of the precise launch date of this communication before D-Day.
- You will be invited to participate in the conferences that will be held in the days leading up to the 21st of March 2021.
- In the days leading up to the 21st of March 2021 you are participating in the so-called "mismatched socks" campaign that marks World Down syndrome Day. Here you have more information about this campaign
- You publish on your social media: your sponsorship and your participation in the "mismatched socks" campaign.
Don't forget to let us know by email
If you want to make more of your sponsorship
- You could meet the person that you are sponsoring to get to know each other and take a picture. This meeting can be done in reality or via Skype (Zoom etc.).
You could publish those photos on social media according to a calendar that we will transmit to you.
- If the health situation allows it: you could invite the person you are sponsoring to visit the European Parliament in the days leading up to the 21st of March 2021
A platform for the collaboration of associations, citizens and politicians working together for the celebration of World Down syndrome Day, to make visible the intellectual disability in general and persons with trisomy 21 in particular (most common intellectual disability of genetic origin, also called Down syndrome).